Lanzarote is a beautiful place to travel and has plenty to attract visitors, whether they are on a package holiday or backpacking around the world. There are so many travel destinations out there to choose from that it’s easy to overlook places that are renowned as package holiday destinations, but below are 5 great reasons that should convince you if you ever had any doubts.
- La Geria Wine region – the La Geria region is a paradise for wine lovers and perfect for couples looking for a beautiful getaway on their holiday. Unlike any vineyard you will have seen before, this will take your breath away.
- Beautiful Accommodation – Finding a Lanzarote hotel in beautiful surroundings with all the facilities you could possibly need isn’t difficult. There are a huge range of options there, catering for both backpackers on a budget and families looking for luxury.
- Beaches – Lanzarote is packed with beautiful beaches, not least Playa Blanca where white sands are mixed with winding trails that lead you to stunning vistas of the coastline. Playa Mujeres attracts the most tourist attention and will leave you sun kissed and content.
- Timanfaya National Park – With an active volcano at its heart, the Timanfaya National Park is often top of the list for people visiting Lanzarote. Taking a trip there is reminiscent of walking on the moon and as the ground under foot warms your feet you can see the lava bursting to get out. Los Hervideros also offers lava based fun that is more than worthy of a visit.
- Palacio Spinola – Those looking for a culture shot should head to Palacio Spinola. It preserves a colonial atmosphere and was once home to the governor. Head there on a Sunday when the market takes over and musicians in costumes flood into the plaza.
This is just the start, Lanzarote has so much to offer visitors that if you’re bored of the beach, you can check out the history and if that gets too much you can hot things up by an active volcano! Whatever you’re looking for, Lanzarote can certainly deliver.